Legit Donut Holes
Welp, my work is done here. I have been pretty excited about some of the other creations Legit Bread mixes can make but THIS takes the cake. Err donut. You get the point. Donut Holes that are so easy and better than any gluten free donut I've ever tried. So that's something!
- 1 bag Legit Pancake Mix
- 2 cups oil, avocado, coconut or light olive oil work well
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut butter
- Preheat your oil over medium/high heat in a medium sized stock pot. You'll want the oil to be around 2 inches deep.
- Mix the pancake mix as the packaging suggests while the oil heats.
- Now take a cookie scoop and scoop around 1 tablespoon of batter, carefully dropping it into the hot oil.
- If needed, turn the donut hole over as it cooks if the top is not submerged in the oil. You can use a mesh skimmer for this. Once the donut hole is golden brown, remove with the skimmer and place on a towel lined plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Now melt the chocolate chips and coconut butter together either using a microwave or double boiler method.
- Dip your donut holes one by one into the chocolate and place them on a cooling rack to solidify the chocolate. Once all of them have been dunked in the chocolate, place the finished donut holes into the fridge to speed up the process. Serve once the chocolate is fully cooled and solidified.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, sprinkles or your preference of topping.